Essential Things To Note About Cement Rendering
When it comes to the interior, and exterior wall finishes for commercial, buildings, and houses, cement rendering is the best and the most popular choice.
Cement rendering is a premixed layer comprising of cement and sand, all mixed in a definite proportion of cement, ion brick, mud brick and stone surface for a smooth texture.
For texture, you can apply cement render successfully to acquire various varieties of textures such as coloured, painted, pigmented, course, natural or smooth.
When you consider the interior and exterior surfaces of a house or commercial building, you’ll realise that each usually features distinct surface texture preferences.
However, cement rendering has been on the forefront offering a unique appeal to both houses and commercial buildings. The most interesting information is that cement rendering is the best option and it is in a position of being customised for different textural appeals regarding the requirement of the client.
Other than this, cement rendering plays an essential role in offering a typical depth sense and a high-end reflective quality, and hence difficult to achieve when using paints in other cases. Other advantages of cement rendering include:
- You can easily customise it for a unique appeal and texture to surfaces.
- It is the best choice when you want to acquire both aesthetic and decorative appearances for interior and exterior surfaces.
- It plays an essential role in adding elegance to the statement spaces such as those in the splash-backs, feature walls, reception area, and many more.
You can complement cement rendering with designer embellishment by using clay, timbers or an exposed brick, which plays an essential in adding a signature style to your surface looks.
Polished cement render is the best option for a wide range of construction like columns, splash-backs, ceilings, bathrooms, receptions, facades, bench tops, restaurants, and cafeterias, and featured walls both in exteriors and interiors.
Most people prefer cement renders because of their strength and toughness. However, they come with a certain proportion of limitations.
You can enhance the durability and flexibility of the cement render by using a certain mixture of additives such as hydrated lime and other essential elements. But the cement render will be prone to cracking as it tends to be too hard.
An excellent example of limitation associated with cement rendering is the case of lime render which is not waterproof. However, you can opt to the multiple choices in paints and plaster which are always available in the imperious form. Therefore, with the paints and plasters waterproof application, you are in a position of efficiently protecting the walls from moisture damage.
In the past, cement renders were used to be mixed instantly on the spot before their application. However, as the technology keeps advancing, you can find a readymade mix in the market that:
- Are the best option for new constructions, where the substrates are firm, and the movements are low, and hence reducing the cracking propensity.
- Can be applied by using machines and hence saves energy and much time.
- Features a consistent render mixture proportion that is essential in minimising cracks in the cement render surfaces.
- Offers a consisted mixture proportion that eliminates cases of proportional alterations on spot mixing.
Finally, we can conclude that cement rendering is a relatively cheap and budget-friendly option for both interior and exterior walls.